Civil Liability Insurance
British Water Ski & Wakeboard offer a Civil Liability Insurance Scheme to all ‘voluntary not for profit’ clubs as part of the affiliation package. It gives voluntary clubs the security of knowing they are covered by a very comprehensive insurance policy (£10m) at low cost.
The Civil Liability Policy cover is underwritten by Royal and Sun Alliance Group via our broker Bluefin Sport who are the largest insurer of sporting activities in the country. It is a purpose built policy that covers numerous sports Governing Bodies including British Water Ski & Wakeboard and our affiliated voluntary clubs. The policy is comprehensive in its cover for a range of recognised activities by our affiliated clubs engaged in the sport of water skiing and wakeboarding.
For our affiliated voluntary not for profit clubs, the policy covers;
- the clubs itself.
- committee members, officers, directors and members of the club.
- Liability cover for club activities including social activities e.g. a club BBQ, come and try it days and other recognised activity.
It is important to note the areas and scenarios that the Civil Liability Insurance policy does not cover;
- Vehicles and boats require separate insurance cover.
- The policy does not cover other sports e.g. open water swimming, fishing, trampolining or corporate events.
- Employer’s Liability Insurance is not included in this policy; if your club employs any members of staff then Employer’s Liability Insurance is needed. This can be obtained through Bluefin Sport.
- If you are a professional paid instructor or coach, you need your own Professional Indemnity Insurance cover. Sports Coach UK offers a professional indemnity policy for qualified instructors and coaches.
If you have a specific query and need advice on the policy, please contact Bluefin Sport directly on 0345 872 5060