UKCC Level 2 Water Ski & Wakeboard
Who is it for?
The Level 2 Coaching Certificate is recommended for volunteers that coach regularly at their club and anyone who will be working as a paid coach e.g., for a ski school or holiday company (such as Neilson Active Holidays). The qualification meets the minimum standard for coaching unaccompanied at any level within the sport and is therefore recommended to coaches working with any level of participant from beginner to advanced. On successful completion of the qualification, candidates will be certified to coach unassisted anywhere in the UK and abroad.
What do you learn?
The UKCC Level 2 is a 5 day coaching course and covers many areas relevant to being a SAFE, FUN and EFFECTIVE coach including safety practices, delivery skills, customer service, risk assessment, advanced boat driving etc.. You will ski/wakeboard, drive and coach for each other on the course up to the standard of doing such tricks as Ollie, Backside 180's, Wake Jumps, surface 360's, and crossing the wakes and perfoming deep water starts on 1-ski. All candidates must complete the BWSW Level 1 beforehand but both courses can be completed together over a 7 day course.
Before the course
Prior to attending the course, all candidates must have the following:
• BWSW membership
• BWSW Level 1 coaching qualification (candidates can book both courses at the same time in a 7day course).
• BWSW Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (SBD2) AND have at least 10 hours experience driving for water skiers/wakeboarders.
• Be aged 16 years or over (note, to be a licensed coach you must be 17).
• Be able to get up on 1-ski and cross the wakes and be able to perform a 180, Wake Jump and an Ollie on a Wakeboard (note, those who are unable to perform these will need to demonstrate experience in delivering these skills).
Prior to receiving the qualification, all new coaches must become a BWSW Licensed Coach. This means that candidates must:
• Hold an attendance First Aid certificate (online courses will not be accepted).
• Hold a Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate (attendance course only).
• Hold an Enhanced Disclosure check (criminal record check).
How much does it cost?
|BWSW Level 1 & UKCC Level 2||UKCC Level 2 only|
|From a BWSW club||£695||£495|
|Not from a BWSW club||£795||£595|
|BWSW club course||contact email@example.com|
How do I book?
To book onto a course candidates must complete the online application form - click here - and pay the candidate fee in full. Payments can be made over the phone, by cheque or by bank transfer.
Funding for Candidates
If you are going to be coaching at a UK based club, there may be an opportunity to receive a coaching bursary. Take a look at the Sports Coach UK funding guide for potential opportunities – click here.
|Region||County||Venue||BWSW Level 1||UKCC Level 2|
|Greater London & SE||Berkshire||CJM Ski & Wake||29th - 30th Sept||1st - 5th Oct|
|Greater London & SE||Surrey||Thorpe Lakes||20th - 21st Oct||22nd - 26th Oct|
|Scotland||Fife||Town Loch||22nd - 23rd Oct||24th - 28th Oct|
|Greater London & SE||Surrey||Thorpe Lakes||10th - 11th Nov||12th - 16th Nov|
|South West||Gloucestershire||Costwold WSC||tbc March 2019||tbc March 2019|
For more information please contact: Coaching@bwsf.co.uk or call 01932 579 933.