Inclusive Activity Programme (IAP) Workshop
26 January 2022
Get Berkshire Active are delivering the Inclusive Activity Programme (IAP) workshop on Sunday 20th February 10am - 12pm . . .
Activity Alliance believe that inclusive coaching is just good coaching and BWSW fully support this. The Inclusive Activity Programme is a unique development opportunity for sports coaches, community leaders and health and care professionals.
Learn about the key principles of delivering inclusive activities and how to ensure that your sessions are fun and enjoyable for everyone!
The Inclusive Activity Programme is particularly valuable for people working in:
• sport and physical activity delivery, such as sports coaches and activity providers
• local community groups and organisations, such as community activators working in disabled people's organisations, local charities, community housing and scout/guide groups
• health and care settings, such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and care and support workers.
This session will help you:
• learn how to support disabled people to be more active through Activity Alliance's ten principles
• understand how your sessions can be inclusive and how you can create and adapt your own activities using STEP and the Activity Inclusion Model
• explore where you can find more information for yourself and the people you support.