Our clubs tell us what they think!
12 January 2017
The responses from the 'End of Season Club Survey' for 2016-17 are in - we have analysed them and have pulled out the key findings to share with you...
At the end of last year, we asked our affiliated clubs and accredited sites what they thought of various aspects of support and service that we provide as the National Governing Body. The responses are in and provided some interesting reading for the team. All the feedback we have received will help us to improve our offer to clubs and to understand better what is important to our clubs.
Here are some of the key findings and headline statistics;
Affiliation and Accreditation
- Two thirds of respondents used the online portal to renew their members last year
- The benefit of affiliation and accreditation that is most valued by clubs is ‘Being part of the network’
- Top 3 things that clubs would like to see introduced as part of the affiliation / accreditation were 'Increased club bursaries', 'Stronger regional network' and a 'BWSW Competition Series'
Club Development Support
Last season, of the support on offer, clubs made most use of ‘Cutting Edge Programme’, ‘On the Edge programme’, ‘Club Bursaries’ and ‘Inclusive Programme’
67% of clubs were either ‘Satisfied’ or ‘Very Satisfied’ with the support they received from the Development Team
‘Cutting Edge Programme’ and ‘Coaching Courses’ are the areas of support clubs are most interested in accessing next season
Over 75% of clubs prioritised ‘Increase or maintain membership’ and ‘ Develop youth participation’ for next season
Coaching & Coach Licensing
70% of respondents revealed they would be interested in a visit from a high level coach at their club and 85% thought that this would be of interest to their members / customers
The top 3 things that respondents valued most about the Coach Licensing Process were 'Just good practice', 'Improves coaching practice' & 'BWSW Accreditation'
‘Recognition’ and showing ‘good practice’ were the benefits most valued by coaches
Competitions & Events
Over 90% of clubs hosted a competition in the last year and over 70% would be interested in running more
Website & Club Portal
- 75% of respondents indicated that the BWSW website was not very easy to navigate however the majority of clubs found the information on the website either ‘Quite useful’ or ‘Very useful’
- At least two thirds of respondents are aware of all the functions available to Club & Membership Secretaries on the Club Portal
Social Media and Marketing
100% of respondents currently use social media to promote their club with all of these using Facebook as one of their platforms
Over half of clubs indicated that they would benefit from some help or guidance to improve their club’s social media presence
Over 90% of respondents currently follow/like/subscribe to at least one of the BWSW social media channels
- 75% of respondents were aware of the Regional Committees however only 50% had received contact with their Regional Committee
- Less than 25% of clubs attended a Regional meeting this season
- Half of clubs find the Regional Network beneficial to their club
100% of clubs cater for young skiers and riders at their club with 85% offering the Cutting Edge Programme
92% of clubs believe their currently have talented and dedicated skiers and riders at their club
60% of clubs are at least satisfied with the service and level of support they receive from BWSW
Thank you to everyone who responded to this year's End of Season Club Survey - your time and support is greatly appreciated.