Sunday 20th October 2019
Term: Mid June - October
After a successful season and looking forward into the coming summer season, Tallington Water Ski and Wakeboard School are looking for an SBD2 qualified Boat Driver. Who can work flexible hours from mid June through to October with evening and weekend work required. An SBD2 Certificate is required. Accommodation can be provided if needed.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking sessions of wakeboarding and water skiing along with large school groups and kids clubs.
- Looking after all aspects from the water ski department.
- Taking and assisting with other activities on site.
- Running and assisting with day to day running and maintenance of the Water Ski and Wakeboard School.
- Other qualifications and experience would be greatly useful.
Most importantly you need to be passionate about water skiing, wakeboarding, watersports, teaching, and eager to push our business forward, as well as furthering your skills and knowledge within different areas at Tallington Lakes. Accommodation is available if needed.
Organisation: Tallington Water Ski and Wakeboard School
Friday 1st November 2019
Term: Summer season
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the awesome conditions available throughout our programme.
As a qualified British Water Ski & Wakeboard (BWSW) Coach/Instructor, you understand that everybody learns in their own way. Your dynamic approach and patience will ensure that your guests are up on their feet in no time.
You will help to deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks...
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- To deliver an excellent water ski/wakeboard coaching programme that follows the BWSW syllabus
- To rotate within the team and to take responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- Taking bookings and preparing guests for their sessions
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the activity areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To set up, pack up, and help all guests using our equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organization and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Skills and Experience ...
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required...
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver - Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Knowledge of the BWSW syllabus
- Knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard (BWSW) Licenced Coach/Instructor
- British Water Ski & Wakebaord (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBD2)
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard
For more information click here
Organisation: Neilson Active Holidays
2019 Season Waterski Driver/Center Manager at the British Disabled Water Ski and Wakeboard Association
Friday 20th December 2019
Term: April/May to October
The BDWWA is recruiting a Driver/Manager for the 2019 season.
As the national body for Disabled Water-Skiing and Wakeboarding in theUK, the BDWWA is based atHeronLake, Wraysbury, where it provides a range of adaptive skiing and wakeboarding courses and experiences for people with both physical and learning challenges. The BDWWA has an active adaptive skiing membership and volunteer base, who assist with the running of both weekday and weekend skiing activities and courses.
More information on the BDWWA can be found at https://www.bdwwa.org/
The 2019 National Centre Driver/Manager role will run from April/May to October and the successful applicant will be required to work c.48 flexible hours per week, normally spread across 5 days and including some weekend hours. The work is varied and encompasses elements of boat driving /course operation, volunteer coordination and administration including basic record and book keeping.
Pay will be based on experience and qualifications, but will be the pro rata equivalent of £20,000 to £25,000 per annum, with the possibility of on-site accommodation for the right candidate.
Applicants will ideally, but not necessarily:
Skills and Experience ...
- Have experience of involvement within the water skiing or similar leisure environment
- Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (SBD2) or similar RYA power boat qualification
- First Aid
The successful applicant will enjoy a highly challenging, but equally rewarding and enjoyable summer!
Applicants with a CV and covering letter should be submitted by email to: email@example.com, Interviews will commence immediately.
Organisation: British Disabled Water ski & Wakeboard Association
Friday 28th January 2022
Term: 6 Months/Full Time
Driving, Coaching waterskiing and wakeboarding from beginner to an advanced level
Driving tubes and performing safety briefings
Taking bookings managing payments from customers
Basic day to day maintenance of the boats
General maintenance of water-sports department
- Competitive pay package
- Free wakeboard and waterskiing tows
- Free Gym membership and use of local spa and golf courses
Skills and Experience:
You will need to be fun, enthusiastic and contentious with a passion for working in the water- ski industry
Previous experience working in a commercial club is preferred but not essential
Will need to be able wakeboard or waterski to a reasonable level
The above qualifications are required to work as one of our team however, we can help contribute towards any missing qualifications for the right candidate.
Organisation: Lakeside Ski & Wake