Accreditation the process by which commercial sites join BWSW to support the sport in the UK and be part of a wider network of clubs, cable sites and partner organisations. It recognises and rewards sites that are operating at a high standard and provide a good quality of experience for the customer within water skiing and wakeboarding.
The BWSW Accreditation Scheme has been specifically designed for commercial water ski and wakeboard operators. The scheme is reviewed annually by BWSW and a number of accredited sites to ensure that this quality assurance programme is fit for purpose and adds value to their business.
Being an ‘Accredited Site’ gives sites a ‘kitemark’ to show that they meet the minimum standard of operation recommended by BWSW. The scheme will look at the following areas of operation;
|Insurance||Facility Standards||Operating Standards & Procedures|
|Safeguarding & Equality||Customer Service||Staffing|
For more information about the criteria for becoming an Accredited Site, see the Accreditation Criteria Document below.
Why become accredited?
- The scheme defines industry standards and good practice for commercial water ski and wakeboard centres
- It encourages ongoing development and improvement of the industry and the operators
- You become part of a network of ski schools and cable parks in the UK
- It give you access to programmes, resources, support and funding through BWSW
Am I eligible?
The scheme is open to all commercial water ski and wakeboard operators in the UK and is applicable to boat and cable operations.
What is involved?
To become an accredited site, the following must be completed;
- Annual Health Check Form
- Staff listing with all staff meeting the required levels of qualification
- Technical Inspection Report (Cable Sites Only)
- Site inspection (biennial)
- Invoice payment
What are the benefits?
There are a number of benefits of becoming a BWSW Accredited Site including;
- Shared knowledge and practice
- Development support
- Access to programmes
- Website listing and promotion
- Local contacts
- Reduced membership fees for staff members
- Resources and documents
- Event Calendar
- Support for the sport
Click here for more detail regarding the benefits of accrediting.