SKI BOAT DRIVER
Organisation: Neilson Active Holidays
Location: Greece, Croatia, Italy
Term: September - November
What if we told you it’s possible to spend your entire summer driving the best boats in the business, riding daily, and spreading your passion for the sport? Well, you can!
A summer season working with Neilson on the Waterski and Wakeboard team is the best job in the world!
Ideally, we’re looking for full season qualified Ski Boat Drivers (usually from April through to November). We’ll consider candidates with shorter dates of availability, but operationally those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Picture yourself on an idyllic sandy beach in the hot Greek sun or at the foot of the mountains in one of Croatia’s most significant national parks; this would be your office! A season with Neilson allows you to work in unique locations overseas while dedicating your days to shredding on glassy water (no wetsuits required!)
As a member of Neilson’s ski team, you are the rock stars of the resort. Your role is to look after guests of all abilities out on the water, ranging from complete beginners to seasoned pros. Whether you’re putting their skis on for the first time ever or teaching them their next invert on a wakeboard, every day brings a new reward.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be professional in appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Drive the Waterski Boats in a safe, efficient, and effective manner conducive to teaching beginners through to advanced guests – Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Assist with the delivery of waterski/wakeboard coaching following the BWSW syllabus and Neilson waterfront programme
- Rotate responsibility within the team for driving, spotting, taking bookings, coaching, and preparing guests for their session
- To communicate effectively with the beach team to ensure a high standard of safety at all times
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the pleasing appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Work as part of a team to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the equipment each day.
- To practically help with the set up of the centre at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season.
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business to fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
Qualifications and Experience required:
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard – Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (SBD2) or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled in ski boat driving
- Knowledge of the BWSW syllabus
- Knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work on own initiative and follow verbal and written instructions
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
To apply for this role, please use the following link: