Clean Sport Education
The Clean Sport Hub is UKAD's platform for clean sport education. We all have a responsibility to educate ourselves on anti-doping and what is required and relevant to our role. BWSW has identified relevant resources to support you in your role.
Are you a competitor?
Depending on your competition sporting involvement, there will be different topics and levels of education relevent to you. UKAD has categorised the following types of athlete:
- Elite (international) athlete - an athlete who is competin at international level regularly and has achieved level of excellence within the context of their sport. This athlete will be representing their country.
- National athlete - an athlete exposed to a formal training programme, receiving specific support from their NGB and will be competing reguarly at National level and occasionally at International level.
- Talented athlete - an athlete who is typically young and involved in the talent pathway of their sport.
- Recreational athlete - an athelte who is typically an older child or adult, participating and/or competing in organised sport for physical, social or mental well-bring purposes.
BWSW will group our athletes and our athlete support personnel (officials, coaches, parents etc), in to the following groups. Each group will have relevant education resources and programmes identified to them. Please see our target groups we have identified below. The athlete groups have been matched up to the UKAD competitor categories.
- BWSW members
- Competitors in Cutting Edge and Grassroots competitions - (UKAD Recreational athlete)
- Squad athletes (UKAD National athlete)
- Elite squad athletes (UKAD Elite athlete)
Athlete Support Personnel
- Qualified officials and judges
- Team Captains
- BWSW Staff/Board members/Committee members/Club Owners
We can't do it alone. It takes a team. Clean sport depends on everyone having the know-how to speak out when something’s wrong. Speak to us in confidence – no matter how small.