BWSW Level 1 Coaching Award
Who is it for?
The Level 1 Coaching Award is aimed at mainly volunteers who would like to help out at their club. It is predominantly a beginners level aimed at those who are new to coaching and would like to . On successful completion of the qualification, candidates will be able to work with beginner skiers/riders only.
What is involved?
The Level 1 Coaching Award consists of simply 2 consecutive days of learning. All candidates will have a portfolio of tasks to complete and be assessed at the end of Day 2. The BWSW level 1 simply covers our bronze programme (see attached) and such things as coaching theory, Codes, Safeguarding, Risk Assessment, Land Lessons.
Before the course
Prior to attending the first day of the course, all candidates must:
• Be a BWSW member.
• Be aged 16 years or over.
• Hold the BWSW Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (SBD2) qualification
• Have a strong working knowledge of the skills in our 'Cutting Edge Bronze' programme for water skiing and wakeboarding.
How much does it cost?
• £250.00 for candidates from BWSW Affiliated/Accredited clubs
• £295.00 for candidates not within the BWSW Network
• For overseas candidates, please contact email@example.com
Funding for candidates
If you are going to be coaching at a UK based club, there may be an opportunity to receive a coaching bursary. Take a look at the Sports Coach UK funding guide for potential opportunities – click here.
|County||Venue||Day 1 & 2|
|Berkshire||CJM Ski & Wake||18-19th March|
|Surrey||Thorpe Lakes||30-31st March|
|Cornwall||Camel Ski School||8-9th April|
|Lancashire||Whitworth WSC||15-16th July|
For more information please contact: Coaching@bwsf.co.uk or call 01932 579 933